FARMINGTON HILLS — A man visiting his girlfriend at her apartment complex in Farmington Hills was bitten by two dogs on Christmas day.
At around 2:30 p.m. Dec. 25, the 42-year-old Detroit resident was walking on the sidewalk of the complex, located in the 23000 block of Halsted Road, north of Nine Mile. He was heading toward the parking lot, when a resident walking two dogs on leashes passed by.
The victim said he told the man “hello” and noticed the dogs were in the snow. As they all passed each other, a small gray schnauzer ran up to him and began biting the back of his leg.
The victim said the bites did not penetrate his new jeans during the attack. Soon after, however, the second dog, a large German shepherd mix, ran up and bit the man on the buttock before he could get the first dog off of him.
The victim, who had visible abrasions and was bleeding, according to officers, indicated that the owner of the dogs did not do anything to stop the dogs, but said “sorry” and walked back into the apartment building. The victim also had holes in his jeans and punctures in his skin.
Police knocked on various doors to find the dog owner, and while one neighbor reported that the dogs had displayed aggressive behavior before, the owner could not be located. The victim wrote a statement and police will follow up, the police report indicated.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township