FARMINGTON HILLS — A man visiting his girlfriend at her apartment complex in Farmington Hills was bitten by two dogs on Christmas day.
At around 2:30 p.m. Dec. 25, the 42-year-old Detroit resident was walking on the sidewalk of the complex, located in the 23000 block of Halsted Road, north of Nine Mile. He was heading toward the parking lot, when a resident walking two dogs on leashes passed by.
The victim said he told the man “hello” and noticed the dogs were in the snow. As they all passed each other, a small gray schnauzer ran up to him and began biting the back of his leg.
The victim said the bites did not penetrate his new jeans during the attack. Soon after, however, the second dog, a large German shepherd mix, ran up and bit the man on the buttock before he could get the first dog off of him.
The victim, who had visible abrasions and was bleeding, according to officers, indicated that the owner of the dogs did not do anything to stop the dogs, but said “sorry” and walked back into the apartment building. The victim also had holes in his jeans and punctures in his skin.
Police knocked on various doors to find the dog owner, and while one neighbor reported that the dogs had displayed aggressive behavior before, the owner could not be located. The victim wrote a statement and police will follow up, the police report indicated.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights