Man arrested after robbing Speedway gas station
December 20, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A man who robbed a Speedway gas station on Dec. 18 has been arrested and was under police custody at press time.
The suspect, whose name was not made public, robbed the Speedway at 18665 15 Mile Road, on the northwest corner of 15 Mile and Kelly roads in Clinton Township.
The robbery occurred when the suspect entered Speedway at around 3:55 a.m. and announced a hold-up. The suspect displayed a semi-automatic handgun and told the cashier he wanted all the money in the register. The clerk complied with the suspect’s demands and was unhurt, and the suspect then fled in a western direction away from the station.
Clinton Township police officers were notified of the robbery and searched for the suspect. One officer, Thomas Hill, searched the surrounding area and saw a person walking down Contesti Street who matched the description of the suspect. Officer Hill approached the suspect and reportedly saw that he was carrying a weapon. Hill apprehended the suspect and allegedly found evidence of the robbery on the person.
The suspect, a Clinton Township resident, was taken to the Clinton Township Police Department, where he was booked and held on charges of armed robbery while his arraignment is pending.
An arraignment date was unknown at press time. If anyone has further information, they are instructed to contact Captain Richard Maierle at (586) 493-7800.
About the author
Nick Mordowanec covers Fraser, Clinton Township, Fraser School District, Clintondale Community Schools and Baker College for the Fraser-Clinton Chronicle. Nick has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2013 and graduated from Michigan State University. He has slight obsessions with sports, Seinfeld and Led Zeppelin.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville