Man arrested after robbing Speedway gas station
December 20, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A man who robbed a Speedway gas station on Dec. 18 has been arrested and was under police custody at press time.
The suspect, whose name was not made public, robbed the Speedway at 18665 15 Mile Road, on the northwest corner of 15 Mile and Kelly roads in Clinton Township.
The robbery occurred when the suspect entered Speedway at around 3:55 a.m. and announced a hold-up. The suspect displayed a semi-automatic handgun and told the cashier he wanted all the money in the register. The clerk complied with the suspect’s demands and was unhurt, and the suspect then fled in a western direction away from the station.
Clinton Township police officers were notified of the robbery and searched for the suspect. One officer, Thomas Hill, searched the surrounding area and saw a person walking down Contesti Street who matched the description of the suspect. Officer Hill approached the suspect and reportedly saw that he was carrying a weapon. Hill apprehended the suspect and allegedly found evidence of the robbery on the person.
The suspect, a Clinton Township resident, was taken to the Clinton Township Police Department, where he was booked and held on charges of armed robbery while his arraignment is pending.
An arraignment date was unknown at press time. If anyone has further information, they are instructed to contact Captain Richard Maierle at (586) 493-7800.
- 30 DAYS
- City stunned by loss of councilman - St. Clair Shores
- Three house fires reported in one day in Harper Woods - Harper Woods
- Pit bull awareness effort to benefit Madison Heights Animal Shelter - Madison Heights
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Halloween coming early to Red Oaks Nature Center, Golf Course - Madison Heights
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores