St. Clair Shores
Man accused of requesting sexual favors from teen
Published October 5, 2012
A St. Clair Shores man is under arrest after allegedly trying to pay for sexual favors from a Detroit teenager.
Neighbors called St. Clair Shores police to the 19000 block of Salisbury Street just after midnight Sept. 29 because of a suspicious vehicle.
Once there, officers found two women, an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old, both from Detroit, in the vehicle who said they were waiting for their friend who was inside a nearby home. That’s where police found the 36-year-old male homeowner with a 15-year-old Detroit girl.
Detective Margaret Eidt said the women borrowed an unrelated person’s vehicle to get to the city. The 18-year-old Detroit woman, identified as Niaterria Grant, told police she was out of money and needed gas. She said she received a phone call from the 36-year-old man, identified as Antwann Chrisjopher Hawkins, of St. Clair Shores, who said he would give her money for sexual favors. He allegedly paid her $50 for some sexual favors, but she then left the home and told the 15-year-old that they could make more money if she went and did the same.
Detective Jeff Goode said that the 15-year-old, who is not being named because of her age, told them that she went to the bathroom of the home to perform the sexual act, but it was not completed. According to the police report, she said the man gave her $20 when she walked in the house, then escorted her to the bathroom. Immediately afterward, he told her to leave because the police were there.
The 15-year-old said the man did not touch her sexually.
Police arrested Grant, and she was arraigned Sept. 29 in 40th District Court in front of Judge Mark Fratarcangeli on charges of prostitution/accepting earnings, a 20-year felony. She was released on personal bond.
Hawkins was arraigned the same date on charges of prostitution/pandering, a 20-year felony; children/accosting for immoral purposes, a four-year felony; and prostitution/admitting into a house, a 93-day misdemeanor. He is being held on a $25,000 cash or surety bond and was set to be back in court Oct. 9.
According to Goode, the 15-year-old was also arrested, but was released into the custody of an uncle. The department is seeking charges of prostitution/accepting earnings for sexual favors from the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township