Published September 10, 2013
Madison Heights man killed in motorcycle crash
By Brian Louwers email@example.com
WARREN — Warren police said a Madison Heights man died Sept. 8 after he apparently lost control of his motorcycle and struck a curb near 13 Mile and Chicago roads.
Detective Lt. Heidi Metz said the victim, 74-year-old Ronald Walters, was operating a Harley-Davidson on westbound 13 Mile Road east of Van Dyke at about 10:30 p.m.
“There was a witness. The witness tells us that the motorcycle was riding west on 13 Mile at the curve (at Chicago Road), where it’s heading toward Van Dyke,” Metz said. “As he was negotiating the curve he either intended to go down 13 Mile or lost control and headed that way. He hit the curb.”
Metz said Walters was transported to Royal Oak’s William Beaumont Hospital where he was pronounced dead. She said he was wearing a helmet when he crashed.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash and Metz said there were no other apparent contributing factors.
“We’re investigating still. We have no reason to believe there was anything else involved here. It just looks like he lost control for some reason,” Metz said.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Dozens file for Warren city offices as lawsuit lingers - Warren
- List of intersection accident data released - Metro Detroit
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say
- Henry, longtime police K-9, to retire April 17
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan
- NAMM award is sweet music to UCS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert