WARREN — Warren police said a Madison Heights man died Sept. 8 after he apparently lost control of his motorcycle and struck a curb near 13 Mile and Chicago roads.
Detective Lt. Heidi Metz said the victim, 74-year-old Ronald Walters, was operating a Harley-Davidson on westbound 13 Mile Road east of Van Dyke at about 10:30 p.m.
“There was a witness. The witness tells us that the motorcycle was riding west on 13 Mile at the curve (at Chicago Road), where it’s heading toward Van Dyke,” Metz said. “As he was negotiating the curve he either intended to go down 13 Mile or lost control and headed that way. He hit the curb.”
Metz said Walters was transported to Royal Oak’s William Beaumont Hospital where he was pronounced dead. She said he was wearing a helmet when he crashed.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash and Metz said there were no other apparent contributing factors.
“We’re investigating still. We have no reason to believe there was anything else involved here. It just looks like he lost control for some reason,” Metz said.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores