Macomb TownshipJuly 17, 2012
Macomb man charged with possessing child pornography
By Robert Guttersohn
C & G Staff Writer
Deputies arrested a 45-year-old Macomb man July 14 for allegedly possessing child pornography, according to the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office.
Roommates of Daniel Joseph Morris told deputies earlier that day that they viewed pornographic videos on Morris’ computer involving a 6-year-old child, police release said.
Based on that tip, detectives from the department obtained a search warrant and seized Morris’ computer. Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said deputies also collected multiple pornographic photos and videos from his residence.
Deputies arrested Morris at his workplace.
Wickersham said Morris does not appear to be involved in the making of the images, and they do not know where he purchased them. He said that many times, such videos are made in other countries, but they will still try to identify the victim in the video.
“That’s also part of the investigation,” he said.
The Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office is charging Morris with 10 counts of child pornography possession — a four-year felony — and one count of a computer communicating with another to commit a crime/felony.
Morris was arraigned on the charges July 16 at 41-A District Court in Shelby Township. Bond was set at $150,000. His next court appearance will be July 30 at 1:30 p.m.
Morris has a prior conviction for criminal sexual conduct in the first degree stemming from 1990, according to police.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Two suspects on loose after robbing Comerica Bank - Clinton Township
- Parks and Rec confirms ITC won’t work on trail until 2014 - West Bloomfield
- Special needs program receives $10,000 grant for iPads - Hazel Park
- Ferndale introduces 30-minute free parking zones around city - Ferndale
- Ford House grounds dazzle after dark this holiday season - Grosse Pointe Shores
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi