C & G Publishing

Website Login

Warren

March 5, 2014

Looking Back: Village of Warren

» click to enlarge «

This photo held in the archives of the Warren Historical & Genealogical Society, shot looking south down Mound Road from just north of Chicago Road, shows the center of town in the Village of Warren as it existed in 1926, just after the village’s first electric street lights were installed. Note the vintage signs and advertising, and the on-street parking. The building to the left, including the drug store, still stands today. Across the street were the Murthum-Peck corner store and a soda shop farther south. The buildings on the west side of the road were torn down years later, when Mound was widened. The intersection looks very different today, with the exception of the recognizable building on the southeast corner.