Looking Back: Ternes Farm 1915
Posted March 27, 2014
Photo courtesy of the city of Harper Woods
Before Chandler Park Academy opened its doors on Kelly, near Eight Mile, and before Notre Dame High School broke ground on the property in the 1950s for its new school, the area had a much different look, including a family farm of early settlers in Harper Woods.
In 1915, Kelly Road was Pumpkin Hook Road, and on the land that would be Notre Dame and then Chandler Park Academy stood Ternes Farm.
More from C & G Newspapers
Detroit / Lathrup Village
Southfield / Farmington Hills