Liquor store robber arrested in Clinton Township
By Julie Snyder
Posted April 25, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The man who held up Harrison Liquor Store on March 30 is behind bars in Clinton Township, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
Matthew Glenn Parmentier, 28, of Clinton Township, was arraigned April 12 on charges of robbing Gemini Market on Harper Avenue three times in one week.
According to law enforcement officials there, Parmentier allegedly robbed the Clinton Township store on April 4, April 5 and again on April 10.
In all three crimes, the suspect used a black semi-automatic handgun, stole cash and lottery tickets, and concealed the lower part of his face with a red bandana.
The suspect’s method of operation was the same in the Harrison Township robbery, and the description of the suspect was the same in all four incidents.
Sheriff Lt. John Michalke said Parmentier will soon be charged with the evening robbery at Harrison Liquor Store located on Jefferson Avenue.
“Through interviews, we implicated him in the robbery in our jurisdiction,” he said. “A warrant request has been prepared; however, the charges have not yet been authorized, nor has he been arraigned.”
Michalke said charges against Parmentier are pending.
A court-appointed attorney assigned to represent Parmentier said at press time that he likely would refrain to comment until after he became more familiar with the case and after a preliminary examination.
Parmentier was jailed in Macomb County Jail on a $610,000 bond for the three charges of armed robbery, plus another charge of committing larceny in a building. A preliminary examination was scheduled for the morning of April 24 in 41B District Court.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
More from C & G Newspapers
Grosse Pointe Farms
- 30 DAYS
- 6 places to purchase the perfect paczki - Metro Detroit
- Economic plans focus on industry, Lakeside - Sterling Heights
- Peck students engineer their own robots - Warren
- Fire Department fights three blazes in four days - Shelby Township
- Local officeholders announce future political decisions - Harrison Township
- Ferndale chef shows culinary skills on new season of ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ - Ferndale
- Pedestrian struck, killed crossing Dequindre - Warren
- Hall Road project planned for 2017 - Shelby Township
- Chippewa graduate to compete on ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ - Clinton Township
- Bald eagles spotted around city - St. Clair Shores
- Park concept plan unveiled - Rochester Hills
- Man shot multiple times, suspect on loose - Clinton Township
- Local student accepted to MIT - Clinton Township
- ‘Floored at the true act of kindness’ - Warren