Harrison TownshipApril 25, 2013
Liquor store robber arrested in Clinton Township
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The man who held up Harrison Liquor Store on March 30 is behind bars in Clinton Township, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
Matthew Glenn Parmentier, 28, of Clinton Township, was arraigned April 12 on charges of robbing Gemini Market on Harper Avenue three times in one week.
According to law enforcement officials there, Parmentier allegedly robbed the Clinton Township store on April 4, April 5 and again on April 10.
In all three crimes, the suspect used a black semi-automatic handgun, stole cash and lottery tickets, and concealed the lower part of his face with a red bandana.
The suspect’s method of operation was the same in the Harrison Township robbery, and the description of the suspect was the same in all four incidents.
Sheriff Lt. John Michalke said Parmentier will soon be charged with the evening robbery at Harrison Liquor Store located on Jefferson Avenue.
“Through interviews, we implicated him in the robbery in our jurisdiction,” he said. “A warrant request has been prepared; however, the charges have not yet been authorized, nor has he been arraigned.”
Michalke said charges against Parmentier are pending.
A court-appointed attorney assigned to represent Parmentier said at press time that he likely would refrain to comment until after he became more familiar with the case and after a preliminary examination.
Parmentier was jailed in Macomb County Jail on a $610,000 bond for the three charges of armed robbery, plus another charge of committing larceny in a building. A preliminary examination was scheduled for the morning of April 24 in 41B District Court.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi