Investigators release images of Harrison Township burglar
Published April 10, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help in identifying a subject who broke into a Harrison Township gas station at around 2:46 a.m. April 9.
The sheriff’s office received a call from an alarm-monitoring company that an alarm was coming in at the Boat Town Sunoco located at 30158 South River Road near Jefferson.
Deputies responded and upon checking the exterior of the building, they found a glass block window at the back of the store had been broken out. It appears that the subject climbed to the roof of the building and removed an air handling unit which provided him access to the store.
Once inside, the suspect utilized a hatchet to break into cash registers. The subject stole cash and cigarettes, and then as he was attempting to leave the store, he triggered a motion sensor which activated the alarm and a video-surveillance system. The suspect had to use a fire extinguisher to hastily batter a hole through the glass block so he could get out.
The man was wearing gloves, a hat, mask and a headlamp.
Deputies recovered some currency from the ground behind the building.
The sheriff’s office is asking that anyone who may have information on the identity of the subject to call the Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358 or (586) 307-9412.
- 30 DAYS
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- Stay on course with safety while off-roading - Metro Detroit
- Late councilman was a beloved family man, city leader - Utica
- ROHS named as a ‘Best High School’ in annual ranking - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township