Mount Clemens man killed in multi-vehicle crash
Published April 30, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — A 49-year-old Mount Clemens man was killed when he lost control of his vehicle while merging onto the freeway in Harrison Township April 30.
According to Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham, William Weaver died from injuries sustained in the multi-vehicle crash that occurred when he lost control of his 1987 Chrysler New Yorker while merging onto traffic on eastbound Interstate 94 at Metropolitan Parkway.
According to investigators, Weaver had entered the busy freeway from eastbound Metropolitan Parkway and crossed over all three lanes of traffic, striking another vehicle and then hitting the center median barrier. His vehicle was subsequently struck by a third vehicle.
“He veered across all lanes as he merged onto the freeway for inexplicable reasons,” said Lt. John Michalke.
Weaver was transported to McLaren Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead from his injuries. He was not wearing his seat belt at the time of the crash.
The other two drivers were uninjured.
Michalke said investigators are waiting for results from a toxicology test to determine if drugs or alcohol contributed to the crash.
The freeway was closed for several hours while the investigation continued and the wreckage was cleared. It was reopened at 6:35 p.m.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe