Harrison TownshipApril 30, 2013
Mount Clemens man killed in multi-vehicle crash
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — A 49-year-old Mount Clemens man was killed when he lost control of his vehicle while merging onto the freeway in Harrison Township April 30.
According to Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham, William Weaver died from injuries sustained in the multi-vehicle crash that occurred when he lost control of his 1987 Chrysler New Yorker while merging onto traffic on eastbound Interstate 94 at Metropolitan Parkway.
According to investigators, Weaver had entered the busy freeway from eastbound Metropolitan Parkway and crossed over all three lanes of traffic, striking another vehicle and then hitting the center median barrier. His vehicle was subsequently struck by a third vehicle.
“He veered across all lanes as he merged onto the freeway for inexplicable reasons,” said Lt. John Michalke.
Weaver was transported to McLaren Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead from his injuries. He was not wearing his seat belt at the time of the crash.
The other two drivers were uninjured.
Michalke said investigators are waiting for results from a toxicology test to determine if drugs or alcohol contributed to the crash.
The freeway was closed for several hours while the investigation continued and the wreckage was cleared. It was reopened at 6:35 p.m.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- Man charged for indecent exposure on Hall Road - Utica
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Hearing adjourned for driver in fatal crash - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi