RosevilleAugust 19, 2013
Images of armed robbery suspect, vehicle released
By Maria Allard
C & G Staff Writer
Detectives recently released security footage of the man who robbed the Foot Action store earlier this month at Macomb Mall and are asking the public for help in identifying the suspect.
On Aug. 16, police released one image of the robber and two images of the vehicle in which he reportedly drove away.
According to police, the robbery occurred at about 8:50 p.m. Aug. 3. The suspect entered the mall’s east entrance by Sears and Olga’s and went to the Foot Action store.
Once inside, he displayed a handgun and demanded the money from the register. According to police, the employee complied with the demands. The suspect then left the store and exited the mall the same way he entered. An undetermined amount of cash was taken. Police said there were no injuries.
The suspect was described as a black man, about 6 feet in height, 230-250 pounds with a stocky build, a dark complexion and was either bald or had a close-cropped hairstyle.
He wore a blue T-shirt, baggy blue plaid pants or long shorts, white sneakers and a surgeon’s mask. He was further described as having a “baby face” and wearing glasses, possibly to use as a disguise.
According to police, he drove away in a late 1990s to early 2000s burgundy Dodge Durango that had a circular sticker or emblem on the lower left of the rear window. Police do not believe anyone else was in the vehicle.
Macomb Mall is located at Masonic and Gratiot. Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to contact Roseville police at (586) 775-2100, ext. 8, and reference Roseville incident No. 13-16363.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Two suspects on loose after robbing Comerica Bank - Clinton Township
- Parks and Rec confirms ITC won’t work on trail until 2014 - West Bloomfield
- Special needs program receives $10,000 grant for iPads - Hazel Park
- Ferndale introduces 30-minute free parking zones around city - Ferndale
- Ford House grounds dazzle after dark this holiday season - Grosse Pointe Shores
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi