Images of armed robbery suspect, vehicle released
By Maria Allard
August 19, 2013
Detectives recently released security footage of the man who robbed the Foot Action store earlier this month at Macomb Mall and are asking the public for help in identifying the suspect.
On Aug. 16, police released one image of the robber and two images of the vehicle in which he reportedly drove away.
According to police, the robbery occurred at about 8:50 p.m. Aug. 3. The suspect entered the mall’s east entrance by Sears and Olga’s and went to the Foot Action store.
Once inside, he displayed a handgun and demanded the money from the register. According to police, the employee complied with the demands. The suspect then left the store and exited the mall the same way he entered. An undetermined amount of cash was taken. Police said there were no injuries.
The suspect was described as a black man, about 6 feet in height, 230-250 pounds with a stocky build, a dark complexion and was either bald or had a close-cropped hairstyle.
He wore a blue T-shirt, baggy blue plaid pants or long shorts, white sneakers and a surgeon’s mask. He was further described as having a “baby face” and wearing glasses, possibly to use as a disguise.
According to police, he drove away in a late 1990s to early 2000s burgundy Dodge Durango that had a circular sticker or emblem on the lower left of the rear window. Police do not believe anyone else was in the vehicle.
Macomb Mall is located at Masonic and Gratiot. Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to contact Roseville police at (586) 775-2100, ext. 8, and reference Roseville incident No. 13-16363.
About the author
Staff Writer Maria Allard covers the school districts of Center Line, Fitzgerald, Van Dyke, Warren Consolidated and Warren Woods, and Macomb Community College for the Warren Weekly newspaper. She also covers northeast Detroit, the City of Harper Woods and the Harper Woods District Schools for the Advertiser Times newspaper, and the City of Grosse Pointe Woods and the Grosse Pointe Public Schools System for the Grosse Pointe Times newspaper. Allard has worked for C&G Newspapers since 1995, and has a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Wayne State University.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville