Harrison Township man arrested after exposing himself to undercover officers
February 14, 2014
MACOMB COUNTY — A 42-year-old Harrison Township man is facing multiple charges after he reportedly exposed himself to investigators during an undercover sting.
Macomb County Sherriff’s Department Lt. John Michalke said the incident took place at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 12 when undercover officers from the Macomb Area Computer Enforcement Team met Charles Vandewinkle in an undisclosed location.
“It was a pre-arranged meeting in the parking lot of a business in Macomb County,” said Michalke.
Michalke was unable to give specifics of the meeting location or background details of the meeting, only to say the meeting was made through the Internet. He said providing too much information about this particular investigation could jeopardize similar ongoing investigations.
It was at the pre-arranged meeting location where undercover officers allegedly observed Vandewinkle exposing his genitals and performing a sexual act upon himself, according to a report.
Vandewinkle was immediately arrested and transported to the Macomb County Jail. He was arraigned on Feb. 13 in 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on a charge of aggravated indecent exposure, a two-year felony; using a computer to commit a crime, a two-four-year felony; and possession of analogues, a two-year felony.
Vandewinkle was given a $10,000 personal bond and has since been released. His preliminary examination will be held Feb. 26. Court officials say Vandewinkle has yet to obtain a defense attorney.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores