Harrison Township man arrested after exposing himself to undercover officers
Published February 14, 2014
MACOMB COUNTY — A 42-year-old Harrison Township man is facing multiple charges after he reportedly exposed himself to investigators during an undercover sting.
Macomb County Sherriff’s Department Lt. John Michalke said the incident took place at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 12 when undercover officers from the Macomb Area Computer Enforcement Team met Charles Vandewinkle in an undisclosed location.
“It was a pre-arranged meeting in the parking lot of a business in Macomb County,” said Michalke.
Michalke was unable to give specifics of the meeting location or background details of the meeting, only to say the meeting was made through the Internet. He said providing too much information about this particular investigation could jeopardize similar ongoing investigations.
It was at the pre-arranged meeting location where undercover officers allegedly observed Vandewinkle exposing his genitals and performing a sexual act upon himself, according to a report.
Vandewinkle was immediately arrested and transported to the Macomb County Jail. He was arraigned on Feb. 13 in 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on a charge of aggravated indecent exposure, a two-year felony; using a computer to commit a crime, a two-four-year felony; and possession of analogues, a two-year felony.
Vandewinkle was given a $10,000 personal bond and has since been released. His preliminary examination will be held Feb. 26. Court officials say Vandewinkle has yet to obtain a defense attorney.
- 30 DAYS
- Drug court graduates share stories of struggle, hope - Warren
- Volunteers recognized by Community Round Table - Madison Heights
- Red Oaks Connector Trail officially open - Madison Heights
- Load up on information about truck driving - Metro Detroit
- Council chooses former councilman as interim finance director - Harper Woods
- Meet the falcons - Warren
- Art returns to the streets of Mount Clemens - Mount Clemens
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township