Harrison TownshipMay 3, 2013
Harrison Township father fires shotgun at son
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — A Harrison Township father is facing assault and firearms charges following a heated dispute with his 24-year-old son outside their home on Elm Lane April 25.
Macomb County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the 37000 block of Elm at 6:20 p.m. following numerous emergency calls about a man shooting a gun at a moving vehicle.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said that, at the scene, deputies learned that 64-year-old Leroy Davis had been in an argument with his son.
“This argument degraded to the point where the older man demanded that his 24-year-old son leave,” he said. “(Davis) forbade the son from taking the car.”
Davis’ son, whose name has not released because he is not facing criminal charges, proceeded to take the car, a maroon 2002 Chevy Malibu. According to Wickersham, the son decided to leave the home because the argument with his father was reaching a boiling point.
The sheriff said the son is the owner of the vehicle.
A police report indicates that, as the son was leaving the driveway, Davis emerged from the home with a shotgun. He proceeded to fire at least three rounds, flattening two tires on one side of the vehicle and leaving it covered in pellet holes.
The son drove away in the car, despite two flat tires, and waited for police at a gas station on Jefferson and Metropolitan Parkway.
Deputies located three spent shell casings at the scene of the shooting in front of the home.
Davis was arrested at the scene and was arraigned in 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on one charge of felonious assault and charges of reckless discharge of a firearm. He jailed on $5,000 bond, cash or surety, 10 percent. Davis paid bond and was released.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi