FraserNovember 20, 2012
Fraser police arrest three for home invasion
By Nico Rubello
C & G Staff Writer
FRASER — Three Fraser schools were recently placed on brief lockdown periods as a precautionary measure after Fraser police arrested three Detroit men accused of committing a home invasion at an apartment complex in the area of 15 Mile and Garfield roads.
Police reports indicate that, at about 12:30 p.m. Nov. 12, Fraser Public Safety officers arrived at a Fraser apartment complex after getting a GPS hit on a vehicle that had been stolen in Highland Park. Officers arriving at the apartment complex watched the three suspects go into an apartment.
Fraser police ordered the suspects out of the apartment, and one, Roger Washington, 25, came out. Darius Bridges, 23, and Tristan Thomas, 19, reportedly ran from the scene, according to police. Officers caught and arrested both men, one of whom had a key to the stolen vehicle.
The police statement said officers found the trio had allegedly broken into the apartment and loaded the stolen vehicle with electronics they were stealing from the apartment.
Three nearby Fraser schools — Salk Elementary, Richards Middle School and Fraser High School — were placed on a “modified lockdown” for a short period of time, until all three were arrested. Fraser Public Schools spokeswoman Nicole Malak said there were never any threats made to the schools, but administrators decided to lock all external doors, and people coming in and out were monitored as a cautionary measure to keep students safe.
Washington is charged with second-degree home invasion and receiving and concealing property. Bridges and Thomas also have been charged with second-degree home invasion and receiving and concealing property, plus an additional charge of resisting police officers.
The statement said all three men are suspected of committing home invasions in other cities, as well.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi