FRASER — Three Fraser schools were recently placed on brief lockdown periods as a precautionary measure after Fraser police arrested three Detroit men accused of committing a home invasion at an apartment complex in the area of 15 Mile and Garfield roads.
Police reports indicate that, at about 12:30 p.m. Nov. 12, Fraser Public Safety officers arrived at a Fraser apartment complex after getting a GPS hit on a vehicle that had been stolen in Highland Park. Officers arriving at the apartment complex watched the three suspects go into an apartment.
Fraser police ordered the suspects out of the apartment, and one, Roger Washington, 25, came out. Darius Bridges, 23, and Tristan Thomas, 19, reportedly ran from the scene, according to police. Officers caught and arrested both men, one of whom had a key to the stolen vehicle.
The police statement said officers found the trio had allegedly broken into the apartment and loaded the stolen vehicle with electronics they were stealing from the apartment.
Three nearby Fraser schools — Salk Elementary, Richards Middle School and Fraser High School — were placed on a “modified lockdown” for a short period of time, until all three were arrested. Fraser Public Schools spokeswoman Nicole Malak said there were never any threats made to the schools, but administrators decided to lock all external doors, and people coming in and out were monitored as a cautionary measure to keep students safe.
Washington is charged with second-degree home invasion and receiving and concealing property. Bridges and Thomas also have been charged with second-degree home invasion and receiving and concealing property, plus an additional charge of resisting police officers.
The statement said all three men are suspected of committing home invasions in other cities, as well.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores