FRASER — Three Fraser schools were recently placed on brief lockdown periods as a precautionary measure after Fraser police arrested three Detroit men accused of committing a home invasion at an apartment complex in the area of 15 Mile and Garfield roads.
Police reports indicate that, at about 12:30 p.m. Nov. 12, Fraser Public Safety officers arrived at a Fraser apartment complex after getting a GPS hit on a vehicle that had been stolen in Highland Park. Officers arriving at the apartment complex watched the three suspects go into an apartment.
Fraser police ordered the suspects out of the apartment, and one, Roger Washington, 25, came out. Darius Bridges, 23, and Tristan Thomas, 19, reportedly ran from the scene, according to police. Officers caught and arrested both men, one of whom had a key to the stolen vehicle.
The police statement said officers found the trio had allegedly broken into the apartment and loaded the stolen vehicle with electronics they were stealing from the apartment.
Three nearby Fraser schools — Salk Elementary, Richards Middle School and Fraser High School — were placed on a “modified lockdown” for a short period of time, until all three were arrested. Fraser Public Schools spokeswoman Nicole Malak said there were never any threats made to the schools, but administrators decided to lock all external doors, and people coming in and out were monitored as a cautionary measure to keep students safe.
Washington is charged with second-degree home invasion and receiving and concealing property. Bridges and Thomas also have been charged with second-degree home invasion and receiving and concealing property, plus an additional charge of resisting police officers.
The statement said all three men are suspected of committing home invasions in other cities, as well.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe