WarrenAugust 15, 2012
Five women robbed at Warren salon
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
Five women told Warren police they were robbed at gunpoint by a suspect who burst into a salon near 11 Mile and Hoover at about noon on Aug. 14.
According to Warren Police Sgt. Stephen Mills, the suspect was described as a black man, 25-30 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He reportedly entered the Sistaz’s Bee Bop Beauty Shop next door to KFC and announced a robbery. He was reportedly wearing a red shirt, black pants, and a black ball cap.
“He pulls out a gun, out of his pocket, and orders the women to empty their purses,” Mills said. “He orders them to the wall, and then has them empty their purses out.”
The man reportedly took about $1,000 from a total of five women who were either working at the salon or were there as customers.
Strangely, the suspect didn’t take any money from the store’s cash register.
Mills said the man reportedly brandished a 9mm pistol during the robbery.
A witness told police the suspect fled in an unknown direction, driving an older-model Chevy Suburban.
Anyone with information about the robbery can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi