Oakland TownshipAugust 14, 2012
Five teens injured in crash
By Linda Shepard
C & G Staff Writer
Five Lake Orion teenagers were injured in a two-car crash at the intersection of Adams and Clarkston roads at 4:06 p.m. Aug. 13.
According to a police report, two of the teens are in critical condition after their 2006 Saturn Ion ran a stop sign and was hit on the driver’s side by a 2007 Dodge Nitro traveling north on Adams Road.
The 16-year-old driver of the Saturn was air-lifted to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, where she remains in critical condition at press time.
A 15-year-old Saturn passenger was transported to McLaren Oakland Hospital in Pontiac and is also currently listed in critical condition. The remaining teen passengers, a 17-year-old and two 14-year-olds, were transported to McLaren Oakland and are currently in stable condition.
The driver of the Dodge, a 51-year-old Oakland Township resident, and her 1-year-old passenger were not injured in the crash.
According to the report, alcohol use does not appear to be a factor in the crash, but seat belt use in the Saturn is unknown. An investigation continues.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi