TroyAugust 5, 2013
Firefighters rescue three people trapped in rollover crashes
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
Firefighters extricated three people trapped in their vehicles after rollover crashes Aug. 4 and 5.
Just after 5:30 p.m. Aug. 4, firefighters were dispatched to Wattles, east of Rochester, on a report of a car crash and two people trapped inside a vehicle that had rolled over. After stabilizing the vehicle with jacks to prevent it from moving, firefighters used the Jaws of Life and hydraulic cutters to extricate both people, according to fire officials.
Alliance Mobile Health removed the people from the vehicle and transported them to a hospital for further care. Troy Assistant Fire Chief David Roberts said there were no additional details available about their medical conditions at press time.
In a separate incident, at 9:15 a.m. Aug. 5, firefighters were dispatched to a rollover collision at Long Lake and Investment Drive and discovered a small SUV/crossover-style vehicle on its roof with a woman trapped inside, seat-belted and hanging upside down, according to reports.
Firefighters stabilized the SUV with jacks and used the Jaws of Life and hydraulic cutters to extricate the woman, according to reports. Roberts said she was conscious and alert. Alliance Mobile Health transported her to a hospital for treatment. Roberts had no additional information about her medical condition at press time.
The driver of the second vehicle involved in the crash was out of that vehicle and did not appear to be injured, according to reports. The eastbound lanes of Long Lake were closed for about 30 minutes, Roberts said.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Business owner slain outside restaurant - Harper Woods
- City purse snatcher still at large - Grosse Pointe City
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Former Berkley mayor offers to repair clock she donated to city - Berkley
- Helping Hands for Hunger food drive helps Norup students - Oak Park
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi