East Detroit student in hospital after pool incident
Published November 11, 2013
A 15-year-old student at East Detroit High School was hospitalized after an incident in the school’s pool area Nov. 8.
According to a press release by the Eastpointe Police Department, emergency services were called to the high school around 1:07 p.m. for an accident in the school pool. They were able to administer first aid to the student, and he was transported to a local hospital for further treatment.
Police detectives are continuing to find out what happened and interviewing witnesses, Public Safety Director John McNeilance said.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” McNeilance said. “We’re still talking to people and getting that put together.”
McNeilance said the department is awaiting an update on the victim’s condition.
Superintendent Joanne Lelekatch could not be reached for comment.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township