A 15-year-old student at East Detroit High School was hospitalized after an incident in the school’s pool area Nov. 8.
According to a press release by the Eastpointe Police Department, emergency services were called to the high school around 1:07 p.m. for an accident in the school pool. They were able to administer first aid to the student, and he was transported to a local hospital for further treatment.
Police detectives are continuing to find out what happened and interviewing witnesses, Public Safety Director John McNeilance said.
“The investigation is still ongoing,” McNeilance said. “We’re still talking to people and getting that put together.”
McNeilance said the department is awaiting an update on the victim’s condition.
Superintendent Joanne Lelekatch could not be reached for comment.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods