UticaJuly 17, 2012
Disorderly conduct arrests stem from synthetic drug abuse
By Brad D. Bates
C & G Staff Writer
UTICA — Utica police were dispatched to Grant Park July 2 to investigate a report of two men who “were possibly stoned or intoxicated (and) using vulgar language.”
Upon arrival, police found two men sitting on a bench in the park and noticed one man attempt to conceal something in his pocket.
When officers asked the man to remove his hand from his pocket, he became belligerent and had difficulty standing when instructed to stand up.
The suspect, a 22-year-old Macomb Township man, was then handcuffed and placed near the officer’s car for safety.
A “marijuana pipe with residue” was found in the suspect’s pocket. At this point, the suspect was “argumentative and refused to comply,” and he was slurring his speech while refusing to identify himself or answer questions.
The second suspect, also a 22-year-old Macomb Township man, told police that they had been in the park smoking K2, a synthetic drug that was made illegal with a state law signed June 19.
Both suspects were placed under arrest for possession of drug paraphernalia and disorderly conduct after witnesses said the duo had been yelling vulgar comments and intimidating people walking in the park.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi