WarrenSeptember 18, 2012
Detroit Donut robbed by masked man
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
A man wearing a ski mask who implied that he had a gun made off with an undisclosed amount of cash during a late-night robbery at a donut shop in Warren on Sept. 16.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, officers were dispatched to Detroit Donut, 11660 11 Mile Road, after the robbery was reported at 11:30 p.m.
“A white male entered the store, implied he had a gun, stole an unknown amount of money,” Mills said. “He had his face covered and was wearing gloves.”
The suspect was further described as 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing about 150 pounds.
Mills said two employees were working at Detroit Donut when the robbery occurred.
No weapon was seen.
The suspect reportedly fled the store through a door on the west side before he scaled a block wall and disappeared into the adjacent subdivision near 11 Mile and Hoover.
Warren police were also investigating a similar incident involving an attempted armed robbery at a CVS pharmacy near 10 Mile Road and Ryan early on Sept. 16.
According to police, a white man wearing a ski mask entered the CVS at about 12:18 a.m., implied that he had a gun, and demanded cash. The suspect reportedly fled on foot west along 10 Mile after an employee repeatedly told him to remove the mask during the encounter.
The incidents were reportedly similar to one being investigated by Ferndale police.
Anyone with information about the incidents can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi