SouthfieldMay 1, 2013
Cross-dressing man arrested for armed robbery using scissors
By Jessica Strachan
C & G Staff Writer
SOUTHFIELD — A 20-year-old Pontiac man was arrested after reportedly robbing a fast-food patron with a pair of scissors while wearing women’s clothing.
According to Lt. Nick Loussia, of the Southfield Police Department, officers responded to a 911 call at a Wendy’s near Nine Mile and Telegraph roads. The victim, a 43-year-old Commerce Township man, told officers that he had just gotten his food to go, walked out to the parking lot and was approached by a man very obviously dressed as a female.
The suspect asked the victim for $1; the victim complied, reached into his pocket to fish out a dollar, and as he was handing it over, the suspect let him know he was being robbed.
“The suspect then went into a purse and pulled out a pair of scissors, saying, ‘I don’t want to hurt you; give me all of your money!’” Loussia said.
The victim complied, Loussia said, fearing for his safety if he didn’t. The suspect then fled on foot, according to the police report.
Once police arrived and began their investigation, they were able to find the suspect inside a nearby restaurant, Loussia said. The man was placed under arrest without incident.
It is unclear whether the man is a regular cross-dresser or was attempting a disguise, Loussia said.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Two suspects on loose after robbing Comerica Bank - Clinton Township
- Parks and Rec confirms ITC won’t work on trail until 2014 - West Bloomfield
- Ferndale introduces 30-minute free parking zones around city - Ferndale
- Ford House grounds dazzle after dark this holiday season - Grosse Pointe Shores
- Holiday Shopping Expo comes to town Dec. 14-15 - Farmington Hills
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi