Clinton Twp. teen caught in Detroit with stolen vehicle
February 19, 2014
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A Clinton Township teenager was behind bars recently for allegedly stealing a vehicle in Mount Clemens.
Dasion Samuels-Thomas, 18, was arraigned on Feb. 5 in 41-B District Court on charges of unlawfully driving away auto (UDAA).
On Feb. 4, Macomb County Sheriff’s Department deputies were dispatched to an address on Court Street in Mount Clemens for a stolen automobile complaint.
The owner of the stolen vehicle reported that, at 6:50 a.m., he started his 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix so that it could warm up. The keys were in the car’s ignition, and the car was unlocked. Someone entered the vehicle and drove away.
Using information derived from the vehicle’s GPS system, auto-theft investigators were able to track the car to an address in the 18000 block of Lauder Street in Detroit.
Investigators reportedly located the vehicle in the driveway of a home, with two subjects around it. The two men fled on foot when approached by investigators. After a short chase, Samuels-Thomas was arrested.
Upon inspecting the recovered Grand Prix, detectives found that the catalytic converter had been cut off and the stereo was missing from the dashboard.
Samuels-Thomas was granted a $15,000 cash-or-surety bond and was ordered a Feb. 19 court date. At press time, he did not have an attorney listed.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- Meijer plans curbside pickup - Rochester Hills
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Police chief recognized for domestic violence prevention - Southfield
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township