Clinton Twp. teen caught in Detroit with stolen vehicle
Published February 19, 2014
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A Clinton Township teenager was behind bars recently for allegedly stealing a vehicle in Mount Clemens.
Dasion Samuels-Thomas, 18, was arraigned on Feb. 5 in 41-B District Court on charges of unlawfully driving away auto (UDAA).
On Feb. 4, Macomb County Sheriff’s Department deputies were dispatched to an address on Court Street in Mount Clemens for a stolen automobile complaint.
The owner of the stolen vehicle reported that, at 6:50 a.m., he started his 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix so that it could warm up. The keys were in the car’s ignition, and the car was unlocked. Someone entered the vehicle and drove away.
Using information derived from the vehicle’s GPS system, auto-theft investigators were able to track the car to an address in the 18000 block of Lauder Street in Detroit.
Investigators reportedly located the vehicle in the driveway of a home, with two subjects around it. The two men fled on foot when approached by investigators. After a short chase, Samuels-Thomas was arrested.
Upon inspecting the recovered Grand Prix, detectives found that the catalytic converter had been cut off and the stereo was missing from the dashboard.
Samuels-Thomas was granted a $15,000 cash-or-surety bond and was ordered a Feb. 19 court date. At press time, he did not have an attorney listed.
- 30 DAYS
- Some pig - Shelby Township
- Students bring more nature via QR codes - Sterling Heights
- Fire destroys two popular Grosse Pointe Park businesses - Grosse Pointe Park
- Local doctor changes plea in health care fraud case - Birmingham
- Macomb County shelter waiving adoption fees - Macomb County
- Austin Catholic celebrates first graduating class - Ray Township
- O’Tooles could be coming to downtown Rochester - Rochester
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township