HARRISON TOWNSHIP — A 62-year-old China Township man died as a result of the injuries he sustained when he lost control of his 2010 Harley Davidson motorcycle and crashed into a sign on a freeway exit ramp in Harrison Township July 2.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Office reports that the victim, Steven Bowden, and another motorcyclist were riding together on eastbound Interstate 94 near North River Road at approximately 8:30 p.m.
According to eyewitness accounts, both riders were attempting to exit at North River Road when Bowden was unable to negotiate the turn. Bowden ran off the freeway exit ramp, to the left, and struck a directional arrow sign. He was transported to Macomb McLaren Hospital in Mount Clemens where he was pronounced dead.
There were no other vehicles involved, and Bowden was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, investigators report.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Nurse anesthetists to host Ether Day Frolic 5K at River Bends Park - Shelby Township
- No charges for customer who shot accused bank robber - Warren
- Residents, businesses honored for beautification - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township