Rochester HillsSeptember 12, 2012
Children injured in two-car crash
By Linda Shepard
C & G Staff Writer
ROCHESTER HILLS — A 4-year-old and and a 9-year-old were among five people injured in a two-car crash at the intersection of Driftwood and Gallahand at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 9.
All who were injured in the crash were listed in stable condition at press time.
According to a police report, a 34-year-old Troy woman was driving a 2011 Ford southbound on Driftwood, with two children as passengers in the rear seats. The driver failed to yield at the intersection of Gallaland, the report states, striking a 2008 Mercury traveling eastbound.
Both children in the Ford were transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, and treated for head trauma. Two injured passengers from the Mercury were transported to the same hospital. A third injured Mercury passenger refused medical treatment, the report states.
The crash occurred near John R and Avon roads. A yield sign is posted for southbound traffic at the intersection of Driftwood and Gallahand, the report states. The Troy woman was cited for failing to yield and speeding.
Alcohol use does not appear to be a factor in the crash, the report states, and it is unknown if the children were properly restrained. An investigation continues.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- CityEdge starts Chris’ Closet to keep the needy warm - Hazel Park
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi