WarrenJune 12, 2013
Body found in Warren field
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Police said there were no obvious signs of foul play but that an investigation was ongoing June 11 after the owner of a property near Toepfer and Groesbeck found a body thought to be that of a 45-year-old man in a field.
Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said detectives were sent to the field at Edom and Prospect, west of Groesbeck, at about 2 p.m.
“He was found by the property owner a little bit off the roadway,” Mills said. “There were no signs of foul play, no injuries to the body, no drag marks.”
Mills said the man had Florida identification on him and that it appeared he had been dead less than 24 hours.
The name on the identification card matched an entry in a law enforcement database but a final positive identification remained pending.
The body was sent for an autopsy and Mills said police would also seek a toxicology report to determine how the man died.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi