Body found in Bear Creek
July 17, 2013
WARREN –A man walking his dog contacted Warren police after finding a body in the Bear Creek near Chicago Road and Van Dyke shortly before noon July 17.
Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said the body, later identified as that of 34-year-old Patrick Aulph, of Sterling Heights, was found floating in a shallow pool of water near a cement culvert that goes under the roadway by the nearby Motel 6.
“The person who found him went into the Motel 6 and said, ‘I think I see a body.’ He went out with the clerk and found him,” Mills said.
Warren police investigators and firefighters responded to the scene to recover Aulph’s body, which was later turned over to the office of the Macomb County Medical Examiner for further inspection.
Mills said the autopsy performed July 18 revealed no signs of foul play but that toxicology results were still pending.
“We’re unable to determine cause of death at this time and our investigation is ongoing,” Mills said.
About the author
Staff Writer Brian Louwers covers the cities of Warren and Center Line. He has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998 and is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. In his free time, he participates in the Michigan State University Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program and conducts interviews with military veterans for the Veterans History Project at the Library of Congress.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights