Body found in Bear Creek
Published July 17, 2013
WARREN –A man walking his dog contacted Warren police after finding a body in the Bear Creek near Chicago Road and Van Dyke shortly before noon July 17.
Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said the body, later identified as that of 34-year-old Patrick Aulph, of Sterling Heights, was found floating in a shallow pool of water near a cement culvert that goes under the roadway by the nearby Motel 6.
“The person who found him went into the Motel 6 and said, ‘I think I see a body.’ He went out with the clerk and found him,” Mills said.
Warren police investigators and firefighters responded to the scene to recover Aulph’s body, which was later turned over to the office of the Macomb County Medical Examiner for further inspection.
Mills said the autopsy performed July 18 revealed no signs of foul play but that toxicology results were still pending.
“We’re unable to determine cause of death at this time and our investigation is ongoing,” Mills said.
- 30 DAYS
- Drug court graduates share stories of struggle, hope - Warren
- Volunteers recognized by Community Round Table - Madison Heights
- Red Oaks Connector Trail officially open - Madison Heights
- Load up on information about truck driving - Metro Detroit
- Council chooses former councilman as interim finance director - Harper Woods
- Meet the falcons - Warren
- Art returns to the streets of Mount Clemens - Mount Clemens
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township