WarrenJuly 17, 2013
Body found in Bear Creek
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN –A man walking his dog contacted Warren police after finding a body in the Bear Creek near Chicago Road and Van Dyke shortly before noon July 17.
Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills said the body, later identified as that of 34-year-old Patrick Aulph, of Sterling Heights, was found floating in a shallow pool of water near a cement culvert that goes under the roadway by the nearby Motel 6.
“The person who found him went into the Motel 6 and said, ‘I think I see a body.’ He went out with the clerk and found him,” Mills said.
Warren police investigators and firefighters responded to the scene to recover Aulph’s body, which was later turned over to the office of the Macomb County Medical Examiner for further inspection.
Mills said the autopsy performed July 18 revealed no signs of foul play but that toxicology results were still pending.
“We’re unable to determine cause of death at this time and our investigation is ongoing,” Mills said.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi