Police are looking for a red-headed man with a red goatee and mustache who tried to rob the Flagstar Bank on Nine Mile Road at Harper Avenue March 6.
St. Clair Shores Police Detective Margaret Eidt said that a man in this late 20s to early 30s, between 6-foot 1-inch and 6-foot 3-inches tall, with a thin build and reddish hair with a matching goatee and mustache walked into the bank at 2:09 p.m.
At that time, Eidt said, the man walked past the ATM, looked inside the bank and walked back to his car. He came back into the bank at 2:12 p.m., walking in then immediately leaving again.
“At 2:17, he came in and went to the teller, presented a note relating that he had a pistol, and then the teller told him she was busy and he had to wait,” Eidt said.
She said the suspect continued to pursue the matter and the teller repeatedly held him off: “Her octave kept going up higher and higher until the bank manager heard.”
When the bank manager walked up and asked if he needed help, Eidt said, the suspect “crumpled up the note, put it in his pocket and walked out of the bank.”
The suspect was wearing a green, maroon, black and white horizontal striped hooded jacket, a baseball cap, khaki pants and tennis shoes. The incident was caught on tape and Eidt said they have a “very good” image of the suspect.
Anyone with any information about the suspect or the incident is asked to call St. Clair Shores Police at (586) 445-5305 and ask for Detective Margaret Eidt.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township