St. Clair ShoresMarch 7, 2013
Bank robbing suspect caught on tape
By Kristyne E. Demske
C & G Staff Writer
Police are looking for a red-headed man with a red goatee and mustache who tried to rob the Flagstar Bank on Nine Mile Road at Harper Avenue March 6.
St. Clair Shores Police Detective Margaret Eidt said that a man in this late 20s to early 30s, between 6-foot 1-inch and 6-foot 3-inches tall, with a thin build and reddish hair with a matching goatee and mustache walked into the bank at 2:09 p.m.
At that time, Eidt said, the man walked past the ATM, looked inside the bank and walked back to his car. He came back into the bank at 2:12 p.m., walking in then immediately leaving again.
“At 2:17, he came in and went to the teller, presented a note relating that he had a pistol, and then the teller told him she was busy and he had to wait,” Eidt said.
She said the suspect continued to pursue the matter and the teller repeatedly held him off: “Her octave kept going up higher and higher until the bank manager heard.”
When the bank manager walked up and asked if he needed help, Eidt said, the suspect “crumpled up the note, put it in his pocket and walked out of the bank.”
The suspect was wearing a green, maroon, black and white horizontal striped hooded jacket, a baseball cap, khaki pants and tennis shoes. The incident was caught on tape and Eidt said they have a “very good” image of the suspect.
Anyone with any information about the suspect or the incident is asked to call St. Clair Shores Police at (586) 445-5305 and ask for Detective Margaret Eidt.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi