Troy police were called to the Dairy Queen at 6017 Rochester just before 9 p.m. Aug. 3 on a report of two men fighting.
Officers arrived and found the victim with severe injuries to his face, ribs and right leg. The suspect, 34, from Troy, reportedly told police he beat up the victim because he allegedly was having an affair with his wife.
The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment of his injuries, and the suspect was arrested for assault to commit great bodily harm, less than murder.
- 30 DAYS
- Body of Southfield fire chief found in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Friends don’t steal from the dead’ - Farmington Hills
- Roseville man arrested for alleged kidnapping and torture - Roseville
- Back-to-School Bonanza prepares needy kids for fall - Rochester
- Shelby dentist makes impact in Haiti - Shelby Township
- Bike network to connect six Woodward communities - Ferndale
- Hartwell resigns from council to run for mayor - Madison Heights
- Fatal crash occurs on Hayes Road - Macomb Township
- New boutique focuses on power of positivity - Madison Heights
- Suspicious man reported near school playground - St. Clair Shores
- Great Lakes water levels reach highest point since 1998 - Metro Detroit
- Allegedly drunken driver runs stop sign, crashes into business - Harrison Township
- Farmers market coming July 26 - St. Clair Shores
- Gone with the graffiti - Utica