As the 2013 Arts, Beats & Eats kicked off Aug. 30, it was clear that visitors would have much more than food, music and galleries of paintings, photographs and sculptures to occupy their time.
On the south end of the festival, staff members from the Michigan Science Center were educating children on the basics of engineering. Near one of the entrances, an instructor was teaching two-dozen people yoga. And despite the warm temperatures, kids were enjoying carnival rides.
For a complete lineup of events, go to www.artsbeatseats.com or download the smartphone app to receive on-the-fly updates.
- 30 DAYS
- Wreaths to be laid on hallowed ground Dec.12 - Metro Detroit
- ACT scores from assessment’s final year released - St. Clair Shores
- Red Wings score healthy victory at local elementary school - Clawson
- Shoplifter flees store with North Face jackets worth $1,000 - Utica
- Downtown Rochester to welcome Kris Kringle Market - Rochester
- Local potter to represent Shelby Township - Shelby Township
- BHS theater students show comedy chops in ‘Noises Off’ - Berkley
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- Richard Sulaka passes away suddenly at 60 - Warren
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville