OAKLAND TOWNSHIP — Fire officials are investigating the possibility of arson in connection with a recent house fire.
According to a police report, a house fire in the 1700 block of Braemar — east of Orion Road and north of Clarkston Road — was reported at 11:05 p.m. Jan. 15.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, neighbors told officials they saw someone running out of the house and then re-entering. The resident who ran is the homeowner’s grandson, who was discovered a short distance from the house, the report states.
The 32-year-old grandson, who lives in Oakland Township, was the lone house occupant at the time of the fire. Emergency medical officials transported the grandson to a hospital for minor injuries sustained in the fire.
Police determined the fire was arson, according to a report, and a hospital police-watch was initiated. Upon his hospital release, the suspect was lodged at Oakland County Jail in Pontiac. At press time, the suspect was awaiting arraignment.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township