Arson suspected in Oakland Township house fire
January 23, 2013
OAKLAND TOWNSHIP — Fire officials are investigating the possibility of arson in connection with a recent house fire.
According to a police report, a house fire in the 1700 block of Braemar — east of Orion Road and north of Clarkston Road — was reported at 11:05 p.m. Jan. 15.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, neighbors told officials they saw someone running out of the house and then re-entering. The resident who ran is the homeowner’s grandson, who was discovered a short distance from the house, the report states.
The 32-year-old grandson, who lives in Oakland Township, was the lone house occupant at the time of the fire. Emergency medical officials transported the grandson to a hospital for minor injuries sustained in the fire.
Police determined the fire was arson, according to a report, and a hospital police-watch was initiated. Upon his hospital release, the suspect was lodged at Oakland County Jail in Pontiac. At press time, the suspect was awaiting arraignment.
About the author
Staff Writer Linda Shepard covers Rochester Hills and Oakland Township for the Rochester Post. Shepard has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998, graduated from Oakland University and is a past winner of the Michigan Press Association award. Shepard takes an avid interest in Detroit’s history and current rebirth.
- 30 DAYS
- Police warn residents of IRS phone scam - Clawson
- Fire Department seeks a few good men and women - Troy
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- Woman dies after police find her unresponsive in car - Royal Oak
- Downtown Birmingham rolls out new logo, holiday perks - Birmingham
- New women’s center focuses on pregnant teens - Eastpointe
- Holiday plays planned in Eastpointe - Eastpointe
- Ghost hunters report paranormal activity at Octagon House - Washington Township
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County