Grosse Pointe CityDecember 3, 2012
Armed robber hits dry cleaner
By K. Michelle Moran
C & G Staff Writer
At press time, police were looking for witnesses and more information about the unidentified suspect who entered a dry cleaner’s shop in the 17400 block of Mack, at Neff, around 6:52 p.m. Dec. 3 and demanded money from the clerk after brandishing a handgun.
Detective C.J. Lee said the female clerk was the only person inside the business at the time. Although the clerk fortunately wasn’t injured during the robbery, he said she “appeared to be” pretty shaken up by the ordeal and got only a vague description of the suspect, whom she said was a male of average height and build who was wearing all black clothing and gloves, and had concealed his face, possibly with a hoodie or ski mask. The victim gave the suspect an unknown amount of money from the register, but didn’t see what direction he went as he fled the scene, or if he got into a vehicle, police said.
“It’s still in the fairly early stages of the investigation,” said Lee of the case, which had police searching for leads that might help them crack it.
Lee said after they got the call from the victim, they were at the store in a minute or two, but despite setting up a perimeter, they were unable to locate the suspect.
Police are hoping someone who might have been in the area at the time — possibly at the gas station next door, or walking in the neighborhood — might have seen the suspect and could offer additional information about his appearance or what direction he went. Anyone with more information is asked to call City Public Safety at (313) 886-3200.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi