CLINTON TOWNSHIP — On Oct. 13, a man walked into a 7-Eleven and allegedly threatened the cashier with what appeared to be a gun before fleeing the scene.
That man, reportedly Jesse Ray Martin, is now in custody.
Martin, 32, allegedly walked into the 7-Eleven on the 20000 block of 15 Mile Road and told the cashier to give him all the money in the register. The cashier declined, so the suspect put his hands in his pockets and held what looked to be a gun. The suspect then took cigarettes and lottery tickets, and reportedly told the clerk he was just trying to feed his kids.
Capt. Richard Maierle of the Clinton Township Police Department said that while fleeing the 7-Eleven, the suspect dropped his wallet, and police discovered that Martin was a parole absconder because of a contact card in the wallet. The police department got in touch with his parole officer, who then reportedly confirmed his identity. The police then found and arrested Martin, a Roseville resident.
He was arraigned on Oct. 18 and was being held in county jail on $500,000 bond. His preliminary examination was after press time. At press time, he had no lawyer.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods